WHAT IS EQUIMAX® ELEVATION?
- Broad-spectrum combination wormer effective on all susceptible equine internal parasites including all three species of tapeworm and all three species of bots
- Unique combination of three active ingredients to combat or delay mectin and BZ resistance
- Ideal wormer for horses upwards from 6 weeks of age
- Safe to use on all horses including foals, pregnant mares and breeding stallions.
- Palatable apple flavoured paste
- Developed and made in Australia
- Use in young horses (under 2 years) as it has double action against nematodes and tapeworms due to the combination of the three actives ivermectin, praziquantel and pyrantel.
- Delaying onset of resistance, the double action is considered to delay the onset of resistance to either anthelminitic. It is registered to treat abamectin, moxidectin and ivermectin resistant ascarids.
WHY CHOOSE EQUIMAX ELEVATION?
Broad Spectrum Allwormer
The combination of ivermectin, pyrantel and praziquantel in EQUIMAX ELEVATION provides a broad-spectrum anti-parasiticide for total control of all equine worms, bots, lungworms, intestinal threadworms, tapeworms and skin parasites (summer sores and neck threadworms).
Unique combination of three active ingredients
A unique formulation of three active ingredients designed to combat mectin resistance; EQUIMAX ELEVATION Oral Paste for Horses has a double action against nematodes and tapeworms due to the unique combination of the three actives ivermectin, praziquantel and pyrantel. Furthermore, the double action is thought to delay the onset of resistance to any of these anthelmintics.
Ideal wormer for horses from 6 weeks to 2 years
The immature immune systems of foals and young horses mean they are more susceptible to worms than older animals. Some worm species are very common in young horses but rarely seen in older animals. This is because horses develop a natural immunity to them as they age. Young animals are also more susceptible to the damage caused by worms due to their smaller size. Immature lungs and digestive systems are easily damaged by migrating worms and a worm burden that may not cause a problem in an adult horse can easily block the gut of a foal.
Ascarids are worms that primarily only affect horses less than two years of age. They are a large worm that can cause severe lung damage during migration and can also cause life-threatening colics. It appears that ascarids are the worm species developing resistance to the mectins. To protect young horses from potential mectin resistance, it is recommended that a combination product such as EQUIMAX ELEVATION or Strategy-T be used. Young horses should be wormed with STRATEGY-T in spring and summer and EQUIMAX ELEVATION in autumn and winter from eight to twelve weeks of age.
Track record of safety
Extensive trials have proven the safety and efficacy of EQUIMAX ELEVATION. Safety has been proven in different age groups and life stages of horses including foals, breeding mares and stallions.
EQUIMAX ELEVATION is in a palatable apple flavoured paste, making it easy to administer.
Developed and made in Australia
EQUIMAX ELEVATION is an Australian developed and manufactured product that is designed specifically for Australian conditions.
- Ivermectin 0.14g
- Praziquantel 1.0g
- Pyrantel 9.0g
DOSAGE & DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Dose at 3.3mL per 100kg bodyweight.
- Each syringe of EQUIMAX ELEVATION treats a horse up to 700kg